Favouwrites

This is where I write a list of my favourite people and things, ranging from Edgar Allan Poe, Shirley Temple, to burgers, novels, lipstick brand, and yes, current events! (Disclaimer: The photos published in this site are not the property of the author unless stated, as they have been accessed freely from the Internet.)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shirley Temple in Bright Eyes

The American indie band Bright Eyes derived their name from a 1934 David Butler film which starred the eternal darling Shirley Temple as an orphan girl.


Bright Eyes Band founded by lead singer/songwriter Conor Oberst.

Uncle Ned Smith portrayed by Charles Sellon, once addressed Shirley as "Bright Eyes" as a term of endearment.
Charles Sellon makes such a cool grandpa!

The haughty little brat Joy Smythe was played by Jane Withers.
Jane Withers

Dave O'Brien as Bill
Judith Allen as Adele Martin
Lois Wilson as Shirley's mother Mary Blake


The Good Ship Lollipop Lyrics I got from reelclassics.com:

"The Good Ship Lollipop"

music by R. Whiting and words by S. Clare

I've thrown away my toys
Even my drum and train.
I wanna make some noise
With real live aeroplanes.

Some day I'm going to fly.
I'll be a pilot too.
And when I do, how would you
Like to be my crew...

On the good ship lollipop.
Its a sweet trip to a candy shop
Where bon-bons play
On the sunny beach of Peppermint Bay.

Lemonade stands everywhere.
Crackerjack bands fill the air.
And there you are
Happy landing on a chocolate bar.

See the sugar bowl do the tootsie roll
With the big bad devils food cake.
If you eat too much ooh ooh
You'll awake with a tummy ache.

On the good ship lollipop
Its a night trip into bed you hop
And dream away
On the good ship lollipop.

You can watch the entire film (Parts 1-8) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq4hnQMjaDM

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home